- Name: Griffin Butte-Adams Gulch
- Length: 6.6 miles
- Level: Challenging
- Elevation Change: 1270 ft.
- Trail Type: Loop
Interactive Trail Map
Use the +/- to zoom in and out click and drag the map to pan. The yellow line highlights your selected trail.
Distance in miles, Elevation in feet
Directions to Trailhead:
From the intersection of Highway 75 (Main St. Ketchum) and Sun Valley Rd. Head north on Highway 75 for 1.6 miles. Take a left(West) at Adams Gulch Rd. You will cross the Big Wood River about 0.25 miles along Adams Gulch Road Continue right (North) after the bridge. After another 0.25 milesthere is another three way intersection, continue left (South) on Adams Gulch Rd. Continue down Adams Gulch Rd. until you reach the turnaround and parking lot-trailhead.
- Start by heading West up the two-track road up Adam’s Gulch. You will
come to a creek crossing within a few hundred yards.
- 0.2 miles Continue along the two-track past the turn off on the left.
- 0.4 miles Keep following the two-track West along the creek past
the turn off on the right.
- 1.6 miles Continue along the two-track past the turn off to Lane’s Trail on the right.
- 1.7 miles Continue along the two-track past the turn off to Shadyside on the left.
- 2 miles Continue along the two-track past the turn off to Eve’s Gulch on the right.
- 2.4 miles Turn right (North) onto the single track trail.
- 2.6 miles Continue North on the singletrack past the turn to Citizen’s Trail.
- 4 miles Most of the uphill is behind you now. Continue East on the singletrack back towards Ketchum.
- 5.2 miles Turn right(South) at this intersection and back down into Adams Gulch.
- 5.7 miles Turn left(East) at this interesction and head back to the trailhead.
- 6.6 miles You are now back at the trailhead. Use our Sun Valley Overview Map
to explore other loops and trails in the area.