- Name: Fox Creek
- Length: 6.3 miles
- Level: Challenging
- Elevation Change: 750 ft.
- Trail Type: Loop
Interactive Trail Map
Use the +/- to zoom in and out click and drag the map to pan. The yellow line highlights your selected trail.
Distance in miles, Elevation in feet
Directions to Trailhead:
From the intersection of Highway 75 (Main St. Ketchum) and Sun Valley Rd. Head north on Highway 75 for 3.5 miles. Take a left (West) at the Lake Creek parking area and park in the gravel lot.
- Start by crossing the steel bridge over the Big Wood River.
Follow the single track trail up to a bench and head north on the two-track trail.
- 0.5 miles Continue north along the two-track at this intersection.
- 0.9 miles Keep following the two-track north along the Big Wood River.
Eventually the two-track will turn into singletrack and the fun begins!
- 2.5 miles Immediately after crossing the wood bridge over Fox Creek take a left
and head up the Fox Creek drainage.
- 2.9 miles Continue west up the Fox Creek drainage.
- 3.2 miles Keep following the trail west up the Fox Creek Drainage.
You will make a sharp left and cross Fox Creek one final time before starting the uphill.
- 4.2 miles You should be close to the high point of the trail now. Remember
this is fun! Enjoy the views and look out for the burn area from the Castle Rock Fire.
- 5.8 miles After enjoying the downhill portion of the trail, take a right and
head South on the two-track.
- 6.1 miles Take a left on the short stretch of singletrack and cross over
to the two-track where you started. Head back to the trailhead the same way you got here. Maybe
stop for a dip in the Big Wood River on a hot day.
- 6.6 miles Back to the trailhead!
- Note: Mtn. bikers must ride the trail in the direction described above,
however all other non-motorized traffic can go whichever direction they choose. If you are looking for
more trails to explore, use our Sun Valley Overview Map
to explore other loops and trails in the area.