- Name: Chamberlain Basin
- Length: 16.6 miles
- Elevation Change: 1700 ft.
- Trail Type: Out & Back
Interactive Trail Map
Use the +/- to zoom in and out click and drag the map to pan. The yellow line highlights your selected trail.
Distance in miles, Elevation in feet
Directions to Trailhead:
From the intersection of Hwy 75 and Hwy 21 in Stanley, head South on Hwy 75 for 24.5 miles to a dirt road on the left (East) marked “POLE CREEK RD.- VALLEY RD. Follow this road for 2.3 miles and stay right at the fork in the road. Follow this road up over Pole Creek summit for another 7.5 miles. Trailhead and parking will be on the right (South) side of the road in a grassy field. Please note that a 4WD vehicle with good clearance is recommended to drive the road over Pole Creek Summit.
- 0 miles From the trailhead go East along the North side of Germania Creek.
- 1.5 miles Turn left (North) at the trail intersection here and head towrds Washington Lake and the Chamberlain Basin.
- 2.6 miles Turn right (East) at this trail intersection.
- 3.0 miles Turn right (North) at this intersection and make your way up to ridge overlooking the Chamberlain Basin. Make sure to stop and enjoy the amazing view of Castle Peak and the Chamberlain Basin before making your way down.
- 8.3 miles You’ve made it to the Chamberlain Basin. Turn around and head back the way you came or use our Stanley Overview Map to explore other loops and trails in the area.